Samstag, 20. August 2011

Magnum Photos bringing the world closer together

Recently one of my friends whom I met on my worldtrip suggested I would check out this webpage called Magnum Photos . My friend Guy from England is a great photographer and shoots amazing documenty photos of far away places. The webpage he suggested is based on photographs taken by a few chosen photographers and their stories behind the pictures. Here is a quote from the webpage that acutally does a better job describing it than I could:

"Magnum is a community of thought, a shared human quality, a curiosity about
what is going on in the world, a respect for what is going on and a desire to
transcribe it visually.
" -Henri Cartier-Bresson

They had a great idea for these photographers to tell their stories without writing any text down for the audience. They made a slide show of pictures with background music, wildtracks and voice over interviews with the people in the pictures. As much as I love photographs, I was always more keen on moving pictures and their stories. But the essays on Magnum Photos are just fascinating, interesting and beautifully arranged. I love to hear these stories and the fact that just seeing a still picture makes me even more curious about what is being said. So to all of you out there with a little extra time. Please check out the essays and photographs on this page. It's well worth it!

 Paris. 1957. Magnum meeting. ©Magnum Photos
Paris. 2005. Magnum meeting. ©Magnum Photos

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen